The award-winning Excel V™ is the only tunable laser system on the market that combines two ultra-precise, best-in-class laser wavelengths (532/1064 nm) in one device. Delivering precision treatment parameters with unmatched versatility, the Excel V has the flexibility to treat any case, from superficial and deep vascular conditions to benign pigmented lesions. The treatment is performed by Dr. Fareeha Khan in Fairfax, VA.
Excel V Laser Facial and Leg Vein Treatment
The Treatment can be Used For:
- Port Wine Stains (PWS)
- Venous Lakes
- Facial Veins
- Legs Veins
- Age/Brown Spots
- Skin Tags
What is the Excel V Laser?
The Excel V laser is a highly effective technique to treat skin discoloration and various vascular issues due to conditions such as spider veins, rosacea, sun-damage, acne scars, port wine stains, freckles, and brown spots.
The laser delivers light energy pulses that promote coagulation or clotting of blood within the veins. This leads to the destruction of the vessels that are gradually reabsorbed in the body. Blood flow is naturally rerouted to veins located deeper in the skin.
The Excel V from Cutera uses two wavelengths:
- 532 nm wavelength is used to treat superficial vascular lesions such as redness, rosacea, and spider veins.
- 1064 nm wavelength is effective on darker and deeper vascular lesions, including vascular malformations, veins around eyes and legs and venous lakes that are vascular lesions that typically affect ears, face, and lips.
Before & After Treatment
What to Expect During an Excel V Laser Treatment?
Excel V laser treatment is one of the key treatments we offer at VeinGuard Heart & Vascular Center. Performed by our medical director and board-certified cardiologist, Dr. Fareeha Khan, the Excel V laser treatment gives optimal results from simple to the most challenging skin conditions.
As the top destination for laser vein removal, body sculpting, and vascular testing in Fairfax, VA, we ensure every case is handled with the utmost respect, confidentiality, and professionalism.
The first step in Excel V laser vein removal is a consultation with our experienced medical professional. The procedure involves placing a handheld device on the affected area of the skin. The device is held until the abnormality in the veins or skin is diminished.
The major advantage of the Excel V laser treatment is that there is no need for any injections or topical anesthetic. The system includes a proprietary cooling mechanism that ensures you are comfortable during the treatment.
Please feel free to reach out to us for more information or to schedule a consultation. We are standing by to assist you in any way possible.
EXCEL V Laser Treatment Instructions
- Do not tan or use self-tanner on areas to be treated at least 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Shave any hair present in the area to be treated. Men should shave the beard area twice in succession in order to ensure as close a shave as possible. Be aware that there is a possibility of incidental hair loss when treating pigmented lesions in hair bearing areas.
- On the day of treatment please try to arrive with clean skin, the treatment area free of any makeup and lotions.
- No Accutane 6 months prior to treatment.
- You may have a mild sunburn sensation following treatment that is usually gone within a few hours. Skin redness, flaking, mild bruising, and/or slight edema (swelling) is normal and may last a couple of days.
- Cold compresses or ice packs can be used to reduce swelling or discomfort if needed. Apply Vaseline or Aquaphor to the treated area to avoid friction. Apply Arnica gel for any bruising.
- Your skin will be fragile for 2-3 days. Use gentle cleansers (Cetaphil, CeraVe), lukewarm water, and do not rub the skin vigorously. Skin moisturizers and make up may be immediately used if the skin is not broken.
- It is important to avoid sun exposure and tanning creams between treatments. Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunblock SPF 30 or greater on the treatment area at all times. It should be reapplied every 2 hours while outside. Wear a hat if possible.
- The pigmented areas (freckles, sunspots) will usually darken after treatment. Crusting of the skin can form. Please allow these areas to naturally flake off for best results. It may not flake off for 7-10 days.
- Avoid hot tubs, whirlpools, saunas, and excessive sweating for 24-48 hours or until the redness has subsided.
- Depending on how your skin feels you may want to avoid irritants-such as Retin-A, Retinol, Differin, Tazorac, glycolics, bleaching creams, and exfoliants for 1 week.
- Avoid chemical peels, facials, and microdermabrasion for 1 week.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled every 4-6 weeks.
- Consistent treatments will produce the best results. For pigmentation, 1-2 treatments may be all that is necessary initially, but maintenance treatments are usually needed. For diffuse redness (rosacea) it usually takes 4-5 treatments for optimal results.
If you have any questions or concerns, or experience an unexpected reaction, please call us immediately. We are happy to speak to you anytime.